Thursday, January 26, 2012

The evangelical voter guides, and why they can lie:

An open letter to Focus on the Family in response to
their GOP Presidential candidate voter guide:


I disagree with the premise behind several of your questions that in my view make your voter guide a falsehood, something that can not be trusted because YOU lose credibility as your pro-Bush neo - conservative agenda shows.

To be real, you have got to take into consideration Constitutional and limited government values in evaluating people's position on family, pro-life and moral issues. You are not being funny, nor are you serving God or man to deliver questions that amount to a pro-Republican neo - conservative agenda for GOP-led draconian federal powers to give you all you want to win the culture wars through some sort of marshal law enforcement of a slate of family, pro-life and moral issues agenda.

How will you listen? Should I put it in Biblical sounding terms? "Really, I say unto you - truly, truly," - that there are patriotic, God-fearing leaders who have many things to offer to the national debate who disagree with a paramount human life amendment or a federal constitutional amendment on marriage, a religious institution. How close would we be to federally mandated religious statements on other matters? Would evangelical Christians always be at the helm to run a neo - theocracy? Is the government going to enforce all our laws against homicide once the paramount human life amendment is in effect?

Please listen: if to nothing else, just to the fact that it is reasonable for an evangelical Christian to be fully pro-life but follow a strategy of voting through congress an end to the Roe-v-Wade era by a vote to prohibit federal courts to hear matters pertaining to abortion or abortion rights, then working with the states on personhood initiatives to call the question on state laws against homicide.

Am I less pro-life because that is my understanding of the right strategy for protecting in-utero people? I have risked arrest at abortion mills to try to stop abortions. I adopted five as part of my own mission to save some alive for my savior. Am I less pro-life for endorsing Ron Paul, who also is a believer in the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the remission of his personal sins?

You people are wrapped into the politics of serving the Bush family and neo - conservative big government, in my opinion. Can you address THAT? Or am I to assume I am correct in my concerns?

No comments:

Post a Comment